Health And Life Africa Healthy-living Initiative (HALA) has created this statement to demonstrate our firm commitment to your privacy. This document explains how we gather, use, and protect your information.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We keep certain basic information when you visit our website and recognise the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know what we will do with it.
This policy only applies to our site. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of other linked websites and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.hala-hi.org. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- If you have provided your contact information such as names, email addresses and/or phone number to us, such data we may use such information to contact you for marketing and promotional purposes by various means, including regular mail, email or telephone.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser usage and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Like many other Web sites, www.hala-hi.org makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol ( IP ) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider ( ISP ), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies and Web Beacons
WE DON’T SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
While using this site, you may choose to submit personal information through email or online forms which will be recorded within our own database, not accessible to others. We will use this information to process your requests and we will not intentionally sell or distribute your personal information to third parties, except as required by law. If we share your data, it’s only with companies we’ve hired to do work for us to carry out the services you want. Examples of such service providers include vendors and suppliers that provide us with technology, services, and/or content for sending email, analyzing data, research, providing advertising and marketing assistance, processing payments (including credit card payments), and providing customer service. Access to your Personal Information by these service providers is limited to the information reasonably necessary to perform its limited function. They’ll never own it or be able to share it with anyone else. Your data is yours.
WE DO NOT COLLECT MEDICAL DATA OR PERSONALIZED MEDICAL INFORMATION.
Collecting Site Metrics
DoubleClick DART Cookie
- Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to users based on their visit to www.hala-hi.org and other sites on the Internet.
www.hala-hi.org has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
Governing law, consent to jurisdiction and limitation on claims
This Terms and Conditions of Use and your use of the Site, along with the Information contained therein, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Nigeria without regard to conflict of laws principles, and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of courts in Nigeria. You further agree that any claims or causes of action arising out of or related to this Terms and Conditions of Use and the Site, along with the Information contained therein, shall be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose, or such claim or cause of action shall be forever barred.
We reserve the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of this Policy at any time and without prior notice, and any changes will become effective immediately upon being posted unless we advise you otherwise. Your continued use of the Site or Services after this Policy has been amended shall be deemed to be your continued acceptance of the terms and conditions of the Policy, as amended. We encourage you to bookmark this Web page and review this Policy regularly.
Last Updated: 02/12/2013
Effective Date: 03/04/2012